Home » , , , , , , , , , » 5 NATURAL SOLUTIONS FOR A TEETHING BABY

5 NATURAL SOLUTIONS FOR A TEETHING BABY

Written By Unknown on Saturday, May 28, 2016 | 1:45 AM

Now that baby Vienna is almost six months old I’ve had a few months of trying different teething remedies. She started with symptoms around 2.5 months and her first bottom tooth poked through about a week ago. We were pretty excited!! It’s a sharp tooth though — ouch. No more munching on mommy’s finger. Thankfully we’ve had no breastfeeding mishaps.

As a natural mama and holistic nutritionist it is always my goal to seek out natural remedies first. From red cheeks, irritability to drooling to restlessness, pain and even fever — these are all common symptoms that can happen from teething. These are symptoms that can be addressed naturally and effectively. In fact, Vienna felt like she was burning up one night so before I took her to the walk-in-clinic I called “Telehealth” and a nurse rest assured me it will pass and just to keep a close watch on her for any changes. Now of course, you must always be careful with fevers which is why I wasn’t trying to treat it naturally until I had confidence from a nurse that it was not high enough to warrant medication.

After doing extensive research and testing out different options, these are the 5 best natural solutions for lessening the symptoms associated with teething in this video (links all the products below). I have personally found them to be very effective with my babe.

Chew Bead Necklace: The necklace I’m wearing is awesome because Vienna LOVES chewing on it and the counter-pressure on her gums relieves pain. It’s made of silicone, not plastic. I also find it handy because when she’s nursing, instead of pulling on my hair she grabs the necklace — it’s a good distraction!

Amber Necklace: This has helped to lessen the drooling. These necklaces have some controversy because some people worry they are a choking hazard. However, you take it off at night and don’t leave it on your baby unattended. The length is perfectly thought out because it can’t get tangled on anything as it is pretty short.

Mesh Ice Teething Feeder: If your baby isn’t on solids yet, just pop in some ice. The cold will feel good on her gums and relieve pain. Once your babe is old enough and has tried out different foods you can add frozen fruit.

Camilia: This is an effective homeopathic medicine. It helps with irritability and restlessness. When Vienna’s cheeks get super red and I can tell she’s restless this really helps. I have been using it as a preventative as well.

LOVE! This needs no explanation. Love is a proven endorphin producer which is the best natural pain reliever in the world. When Vienna is a cranky-pants because she is suffering (those cheeks give it away!) I just give her extra hugs and kisses.

I hope you find these tips useful mamas. Please do let me know what you’ve found to be helpful.

Wishing you joyous health!

Author,
JOY MCCARTHY
Share this article :

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Support : Expert Authors Sharing Their Best Articles | Manoj Kumar | Manzi Template
Copyright © 2011. Baby Health - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Manzi Template
Proudly powered by Manzi Blogger Template